Established in 1972 by John C. Van De Walle, AIA in Sioux Falls, SD; Van De Walle Architects has helped develop the landscape of not only Sioux Falls, but communities throughout the state of South Dakota, and multiple projects located out of state. With over 40 years of architectural service Van De Walle Architects has gained extensive experience and knowledge in multiple services including: research, feasibility studies, master planning, building design, graphic design and architectural renderings.
Van De Walle Architects perceives architectural design as a combination of two different goals. It must be efficient and functional in meeting the specific needs of each client, but at the same time be aesthetically pleasing and distinctive. Design direction emerges after meeting with the client and understanding their needs, aspirations, expectations, and defining the project schedule and budget. Once established; designs are developed by bringing all these entities together, providing the client with the best solution for the project.Van De Walle Architects is committed to providing a collaborative design programming approach through-out the project between Owner, Architect, Consultants and Contractors. For over forty years, Van De Walle Architects has demonstrated the ability to balance the opposing forces of design innovation and environmentally friendly design solutions with the practical concerns of budget, schedule, and program. Our ability to accomplish these goals is demonstrated by a loyal list of repeat clientele.Diversity of design is evident in the array of projects that Van De Walle Architects has completed in the areas of: Planned Development, Manufacturing, Office, Retail, Mixed Use, Historic Restoration, Financial, Religious, Institutional, Food Service, Senior Housing, Multi-Family and Single Family Residences.Van De Walle Architects is a proud member of the USGBC and have LEED AP's on staff to share with you our sustainable and environmentally friendly philosophy. Design services with the intent of obtaining a LEED Certification or Energy Star Certification is available.
The scope of services and fee structure of Van De Walle Architects can be tailored to fit the individual needs of our clients for design-bid-build or design-build apporach projects. Services include the following categories:
- Programming - Meeting with the client to determination of the scope of the project. Provide input based off our extensive experience in construction means and methods, costs, and trends.
- Feasibility Studies - Developing design drawings for estimating preliminary construction costs. Site studies to optimize site use (current and future) and LEED accreditation potential (if so desired).
- Schematic Design - Develop preliminary design drawings to depict the design intent and interior space planning.
- Design Development – Develop final preliminary drawings for client review and comment prior to proceeding to the Construction Document phase.
- Construction Documents - Develop final construction drawings and specifications for bidding/construction.
- Interior Design - Provide full interior design services; selections of floor, ceiling, wall finishes, Design or coordinate casework and signage. Plumbing and light fixture selections.
- Marketing - Develop exterior and interior perspective 3-D colored renderings to provide perspectives of the final design.
- Bidding and Contract Negotiation - Provide services though-out the bidding process and developing contracts between owner and contractor.
- Contract Administration - Provide field observation inspections, shop drawing review services, contractor pay application approval, punch lists, project closeout documentation.
Complete engineering services can be provided through our consulting engineers. These include civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers. Additional consultants are available as required by the client, including acoustical and landscaping design.
Building Relationships Through Design
212 S. Phillips Ave, Suite 200
Sioux Falls, SD 57104-6320
phone: (605) 339.4411